The Writer will be responsible for crafting various forms of news stories including voiceovers, package tosses, opens and teases.
What will you be doing?
- The candidate should be able to produce high-volume, high-quality copy under deadline pressure.
- The candidate must have a proven ability to function successfully in the control room and newsroom environment.
- In addition to writing, this person must be able to work with remote-based producers and communicate effectively with Media Operations, handle graphic requests and work with Supervisors on elements for live shots.
- Must be willing to work any shift including weekends and overnights.
What do they need from you?
- The successful applicant must have a BA or equivalent work experience.
- At least one year experience as a full-time writer or successful completion of writer training in a CNN newsroom.
- Thorough understanding of international news is important and proven experience in handling international stories is a plus.
- A working knowledge of business and economic stories is preferred.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate a knowledge of and active participation in social media as a news tool.
- Working knowledge of CNN systems including Image & Sound, MediaSource, assignment desks, control rooms and graphics is preferred.
More information: https://www.globaljobs.org/jobs/10410-atlanta-georgia-cnn-writer-interna...