Postdoctoral Fellow in Linguistics
School of Linguistics
The Higher School of Economics School of Linguistics in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in one of the following fields: second language acquisition, computational linguistics, machine learning, corpus linguistics, Slavic languages, computational lexicography, typology, lexical semantics, construction grammar, sociolinguistics, Slavic languages, history of language.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of Linguistics, Slavic languages, computer science, or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Candidates should have a strong background in computational, experimental, field, corpus or theoretical methods in linguistics, ability to work in a team in a corpus linguistics laboratory, conduct and publish high quality research.
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of working under the direct supervision of Ekaterina Rakhilina;
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on School of Linguistics research projects such as:
o Learner corpora building
o Typological corpora building
o Corpus of children speech
o Learner dictionaries
o Linguistic variation
o Russian sign language
o Database of Russian constructions (Constructicon)
o Database of diachronic changes
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the School of Linguistics;
- participation in the events of the School of Linguistics, reports for the School’s linguistic seminar, and other contributions to the School’s development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have high opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times) in case of outstanding performance.
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
The School of Linguistics offers access its databases and electronic resources.
Apply Here: https://iri.hse.ru/polls/539264669.html
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via the online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring School of :Linguistics may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is January 31, 2022.