The Russian, East European, and Eurasian Center (REEEC) at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign is accepting applications for an Outreach and Program Coordinator to work with the Director, Associate Director, and Project Coordinator in the development, planning, organizing, and implementation of outreach and programming activities. This is a full-time Civil Service Program Coordinator position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search.
Please consult the full listing available here: https://jobs.illinois.edu/academic-job-board/job-details?jobID=152792&job=outreach-and-program-coordinator-russian-east-european-and-eurasian-center-152792
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manages Center university-based outreach programs and projects under the direction of the Associate Director, with primary responsibility for organizing and executing visits by speakers, conferences, workshops, and K-12, community, and public events; develops visitor itineraries, conference and workshop agendas, event budgets, publicity or publicity plans, and event schedules in consultation with the Director; provides Center administrative staff with information needed to make all travel and lodging arrangements and develop publicity materials. Works with other area studies personnel and faculty to design, coordinate, staff, and implement joint outreach activities (public and special events). Acts as liaison to campus and university outreach community to develop collaborative activities.
· Organizes and executes the activities of the Open Research Laboratory and the Summer Research Laboratory: works with IT support to administer online application; identifies potential lecturers and organizes lectures; develops budgets and program for workshops; coordinates programming with the library and communicates information on participants to library support; in coordination with the Office Manager organizes RL associates' campus visits; collaborates with partner units to develop new programming and partnerships for international summer outreach.
· Develops, initiates, and oversees or teaches projects for REEEC-related outreach and engagement off-campus outreach programming that includes K-12, community college, business, and media communities. Supports associated advancement projects.
· Participates in Center grant writing and grants administration. Provides FLAS fellowship program support as needed.
· Provides direct supervision of graduate outreach and SRL assistants (hire, train, assign/review work, conduct performance evaluations, address work issues, approve time, set work schedules, set goals).
· Builds relationships with constituent communities by attending educational events and community programs and publicizing Center activities. Conducts and oversees Center communications and publications.
· Develops ideas for programming, drafts parts of major center grant proposals, and organizes and supervises data entry for grants reporting, and drafts narratives for grant reporting.
· Other duties as assigned to further the mission of the Center.
- Bachelor’s degree in humanities, social science, or education field.
- One (1) year of education, training, or work experience in education or outreach program.
- Master’s degree or PhD; training in a regional language in Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies;
- Experience in K-12 teaching or programs. Experience with social media and/or website management.
Successful candidates will have strong computer skills; Microsoft Office including Excel, databases, Adobe programs. Strong organizational and time management skills and exercise good judgment. Strong writing and public speaking/presentation skills. Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision. Interdisciplinary and creative orientation. Regional expertise in eastern Europe, the Balkans, or Central Asia. Awareness of, and sensitivity to, cultural and linguistic differences. Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Applications must be received by Wednesday, December 15, 2021. Specific application requirements may be found at the link above. Please share with colleagues and prospective candidates.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
For further information about this specific position, contact Jill Billerman at email@example.com