Program Coordinator: Melikian Center
For more information, and to apply, please visit: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=4461236#jobDetails=4461236_5494
The ASU Melikian Center: Russian, Eurasian & East European Studies, and its instructional unit, the Critical Languages Institute (CLI), are seeking a Program Coordinator to assist with activities and functions of an intensive summer language program to ensure that program goals and objectives are accomplished in accordance with established priorities, funding capacity, policy requirements and other specifications. Working under the supervision of the CLI Director, the Program Coordinator is instrumental in the planning, coordinating and running of summer language programs and other Melikian Center projects throughout the year.
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$41,250-$50,000 per year; DOE
21-February-2022, 4:00PM CST
- Provides in-person, online and telephone support to current & future students, faculty affiliates, language instructors, visitors, external agencies and other stakeholders.
- Serves as designated class scheduler for CLI summer courses.
- Registers CLI students in their summer course, works with registrar’s office to address any issues.
- Develops and conducts outreach and recruitment campaigns, to include advertising events, social media campaigns, website updates, classroom visits, occasional high school visits.
- Represents CLI and/or the Melikian Center in relevant events at ASU and beyond.
- Works with supervisor to manage and update the CLI application portal.
- Oversees the CLI program and scholarship application processes and manages application materials.
- Provides student application support & documentation tracking.
- Maintains and updates student and alumni records.
- Regularly communicates with students, faculty, study abroad vendors, and alumni.
- Oversees daily operations and coordinates program activities with supervisor.
- Assists Business Manager with Center’s financial operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two years administrative/coordinator program experience; OR, Six years of progressively responsible administrative/coordinator program experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience managing intensive foreign language programs.
- Experience in planning and conducting outreach & recruitment initiatives with various student populations utilizing diverse mediums such as social media, emails, in-person interactions etc.
- Experience with writing press releases, promotional copy and advertising materials a plus.
- Experience designing and executing events in higher education or other content-rich environments.
- Experience in managing multiple priorities and projects with attention to detail.
- Experience working effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience working without close supervision; exercising judgment, taking decisions, setting priorities, and interpreting policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge with relevant ASU policies and procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Adobe Suite, Zoom, CSS, and ASU enterprise software such as Drupal, WorkDay, and Salesforce.
- Experience managing and handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Overseas work experience, foreign languages, international travel, regional familiarity & interest in various CLI locations.
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting
- Work from general instructions on standard job duties and specific directions/instructions on new assignments.
- Communicate to perform essential functions
- Use office equipment including a calculator, telephone, computer (monitor, keyboard and mouse), printer, fax and copy machine.
- This position receives regular review of objectives.
- Some outreach activities will require off-campus work, such as tabling at local high schools and community colleges
Flexible work options: Hybrid work is an arrangement where employees spend a minimum of 60% of their regular workweek at their primary ASU work location. Dean or vice president-level approval is required.
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.