Professor of Instruction, Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures, Northwestern University
Elisabeth Elliott received her Ph.D. in Slavic Linguistics from the University of Toronto and she is the Coordinator of Slavic languages. Dr. Elliott teaches language and linguistic courses in both the Slavic Department and the Department of Linguistics.
- Slavic linguistics and pedagogy
- Russian, Macedonian, Bulgarian, and Turkish languages and dialects
- Balkan Sprachbund
- Structure of Russian and other Slavic languages
- Language, identity, and nationalism
- Semantics and Slavic typology of tense and aspect